Svensk tidskrift för musikforskning / Swedish Journal of Music Research (STM–SJM).
1. STM–SJM is a peer-reviewed online journal publishing articles in fields of music research such as music analysis, music theory, ethnomusicology, musical aesthetics, music criticism, the sociology of music, research in music education and artistic research in music. The journal aims especially to present research concerned with music in Sweden and the other Nordic countries (Finland, Denmark, Norway, Iceland). The journal accepts contributions in Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, English and German. The recommended length of articles is 10000 words or less. Longer articles may occasionally be accepted. Articles should not have been previously published nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
2. Manuscripts should be sent by e-mail to the editor-in-chief. Submitted manuscripts will be peer reviewed anonymously.
3. Authors should use the following version of the Harvard style of referencing: http://libweb.anglia.ac.uk/referencing/harvard.htm In deviation from the guide, however, "p." and "pp." should be followed by a space before the page number (as in "p. 35"). When referring to a succession of pages, the complete page numbers should be given (as in "pp. 123-129"). In headings, only the first letter of the main heading should be upper case (as in "Musical works, recordings and their digitisations: new philosophical types").
4. Manuscripts should contain the following: title and name of the author; the main text (10000 words or less); footnotes if necessary; numbered figures, tables, illustrations and music examples (all of which must be suited to the width of the text-face: 12,5 cm); a list of references in alphabetical order; keywords and summary (200 words) in English; brief biographical notes on the author.
5. Authors will receive one proof. Changes other than corrections of misprints will then be accepted only by agreement of the editors.
6. Authors receive no payment for their articles. After publication, authors receive a PDF as offprint.
7. By letting their articles be published in the journal, authors also consent to open-access publication on the journal’s website.